What is Eyebrow Tint?
- Eyebrow tint is the process of using a hair dye formulated for eyebrows and peroxide mixture to dye the eyebrow hairs. Tint can stain the skin, but only for a few washes.
Is tinting for me?
- Eyebrow tinting is best for those with naturally light hairs that by dyeing them darker will make eyebrows appear fuller. Tinting is not for clients with large gaps and will not take the place of filling in with makeup products.
Are there risks of adverse reactions?
- Yes, with all treatments there are risks. Tinting uses colorants that may cause allergic reactions to those who are allergic. We advise everyone who has not had a tinting service with us or has been longer than 6 months since a tint service to come in for a patch test. Patch tests are recommended by manufactures 24 – 72 hours prior to every service. If you had a tint service done at Tamara Samara Studio or anywhere else and is experiencing any reactions, please contact a medical professional immediately.
- Patch tests are free. Please text 678-847-1872 to schedule an appointment for patch testing (text only).
Sugaring – Hair Removal
What is Sugaring?
- Sugaring is an ancient hair removal practice of using only Sugar, Lemon, and water to create a paste that adheres to hair and removes it in various ways.
- Hand method: a small chunk of paste is craftily worked and spread in the opposite direction of the hair growth and flicked/pulled in the direction of the hair growth. This method is used on Bikinis, Underarms, face, and other sensitive areas of the body.
- Strip Sugar Method: A softer paste is spread onto the area of desired hair removal and is removed with a muslin strip. This Method Allows for the hair removal to be done in a quicker way making it ideal for larger parts of the body such as legs.
- Both methods:
- Hand and Strip are done with all natural products made of only 3 ingredients.
- They will both pull the hair from the bulb resulting in sparser hair over time.
- Sugaring minimizes hair breakage making it the best option for those who are prone to ingrown hairs.
- Using less to no heat makes sugaring ideal to those with sensitivity to other forms of hair removal.
Does Sugaring have an aftercare routine that needs to be followed?
- Same as any other hair removal, one should avoid public water (hot tubs, saunas, pools, etc.) and harsh fragrances for 24 hours.
- One should always exfoliate regularly to avoid dead skin build-up, which can lead to ingrown hair.
- FOR MORE DETAILED AFTERCARE SEE THE “PRE AND POST CARE TAB”
Waxing – Hair Removal
What is waxing?
- Waxing is a form of hair removal where different types of waxes are used to remove hair from the root.
- Soft wax: A type of heated wax that is thinly applied using a spatula or roll on cartridge that is then removed with muslin clothe. This type is best used on larger areas such as legs for its fast and efficient property.
- Hard Wax: A type of wax that does not require a muslin strip. The hard wax is applied thinly, allowed to cool, and removed in a fast pulling motion. This wax is better for sensitive areas because hard wax does not adhere to the skin as closely as other hair removal methods.
- Both waxes:
- Hard wax and soft wax are both applied with the hair growth and pulled in the opposite direction. Unlike Sugaring, Waxing does not envelop hair, but sticks to it, making this form of application best for minimal breakage that helps avoid ingrown hair.
- Both Waxes will remove hair from the root allowing that over time the hairs grow back sparse.
Are there any contradictions to waxing?
– ABSOLUTELY! Please refer to the detailed “PRE AND POST CARE TAB” for more info.
Sugaring VS. Waxing hair removal
Which hair removal option is best for me?
- Waxing and sugaring are both great options for hair removal. Both options will lead to similar outcomes, but different people can get different benefits from each one.
- Sugaring is applied cold, so it is best for those with heat sensitivity. Someone who has sensitive skin overall, and breaks out with other forms of hair removal. If you are prone to ingrown hair sugaring may be the best option.
- Waxing is applied at low heat is best for those who want a deeper exfoliation, and naturally has more or longer body hair.
- In my professional opinion, I noticed through the years people react to sugaring and waxing differently. I always like to inform my clients that if you aren’t super content with one hair removal option, the other might be best for you. Some clients absolutely love waxing and are not too fond of sugaring, as others might only like to sugar, and refuse wax. Both are great options and I recommend experiencing both separately in order to find what best meets your needs.
We reserve the right to refuse services to anyone we deem unfit for any giving services.
Do not book tinting services if you ever had an allergic reaction to hair dye or tinting.
Do not book tinting services if you ever had a black henna tattoo.